Online Role Playing Reflection

Reflect on your experience participating in the ORP. What was one highlight and one lowlight of your experience?
Highlight was being able to really dive into the character and the fictional situations they may actually incur. Even though I couldn't take credit for some of the great things I blogged about, like the camp itself or geo caching, I felt like I was helping spread the awareness while looking like I could share the credit.

Low point was feeling the tension in some discussions. How could people really feel like that, but they are out there and I need to deal with it. It felt like they were looking to pick an argument and really did even read my entry.



Also, what new digital learning practices did you take up through your ORP experience? See list below to probe your thinking (From Jenkins page 4).

I would say that there didn't really seem to be any negotiation. It was almost like it was one side versus the other side. I did feel a little connection with someone who wanted to know more about what my camp did.

The play, performance, simulations, and appropriation was great. I thought it was masterful being able to use media out there already to back up beliefs stated. When I read another persons entry that wasn't backed up with something, I felt like it was just them on their soap box. All the links to studies complete, expert analysis, or some kind of news coverage made it feel like I wanted to learn more and not just tune out someone ranting.

As Zax Outback I learned that they are already people and organizations already out there. I never realized such things, but it was really great to feel more connected and aware of the world around me.

0 comments: