Role Playing and National Writing Day

I totally dove into my alter ego, Zax Outback. I was surprised by how much information was already out there about the topic of digital media. I also thought it was pretty impressive that the White House created an Information Literacy Month (That was real, right?). The various perspectives and postings people create were really impressive. Naturally Sophia Verite Johansen lead the way with her masterful media. (Naturally I have give props to someone who mentions me in a positive light in one of her media pieces). I also found myself frustrated with some of the other views, but there are people out there with those kinds of views. Overall I learned quite a lot through the research I did to support positions in my postings. In this kind of forum, it is really fun to play out what it would be like as someone else. Pretending I was a key players in getting Geo Caching, being a part of the Digital Academy camp programs, sending out brochures about my camp, and even incorporating my own classes camp experience etc. were some great memories and some great ways to dive into the role of Zax Outback.

National Writing Day
Yesterday our class looked closer at writing in a variety of ways. Since we've recently returned from a camp, students pick their favorite picture from a collection I put together on our class website, and students blogged about that experience. We also create a poster listing all the ways we could think of that we've ever used writing. Students also briefly described favorite personal experiences with writing. To drive home the digital writing piece, I had a student video tape each students response to the question, "Why is writing important to me?" and "What is one of my favorite experiences with writing." I'm hoping to show the class how to turn it into a video montage and how it's considered writing.

That's all for now.

The Eleventh Hour Blogger

1 comments:

  Janice Laven

October 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I could tell you enjoyed the roleplay with ZaxOutback. Very clever. Check out my geocaching voicethread. We are the MN Monarchs with over 500 finds in the past 4 years. Fun.